I made this Top 10 List shortly after I was diagnosed in 2009. Over the ensuing months, I have actually said most of these things to my doctor. Time for a new list!
10. Instead of putting my arms behind my head for this exam, how about if throw my hands up in the air like I just don’t care?
9. Do you mind if I conduct a “Pampered Chef” party in your reception area?
8. See that? Do you think I’m getting stigmata?
7. Where do I sign up for the “Look Good, Feel Crappy” class?
6. There must be some mistake. I’m looking for the Rotary luncheon.
5. Do you validate?
4. I was told MRIs are “Buy One, Get One Free” this week. Is that true?
3. On the bright side, my prostate has never been healthier.
2. How do you get your coat so white?
1. Screw the gown. I’m going commando!